Saturday, February 25, 2012

March is the month for Fairy Tales!!!

I am excited to say that the month of March will be devoted to fairy tales! A lot of elements come into play when children are read fairy tales: dare to dream, use of imagination, hope to become better than in one's present state, the ability to deal with inner-self conflicts, dramatic play (puppets, masks!), storytelling and oral language. A book entitled The Uses of Enchantment: The Meaning and Importance of Fairy Tales by Bruno Bettelheim has discussed why it is important to read fairy tales to our little ones. I am still waiting for my copy from the Toronto Public Library to read and am hoping I will have it during my March break as an easy reading! Once I read it, I will summarize the points to you :P!



No comments:

Post a Comment